Freitag, 11. Dezember 2009

Lviv/Lvov/Lemberg

See Markus, I'm catching up :P

The second city I visited in Ukraine was Lviv, which is in the western region of Ukraine. The inhabitants are really proud of their ukrainian values, traditions and the ukrainian language. That’s why many people in Lviv think that they are the actual capital of Ukraine, because the further you go east and south in Ukraine, the more people speak Russian and feel more attached to Russia.

This time I didn’t travel with Olga but with my two room mates, the russian teacher of my american room mate, and her friend with her fiancee. We decided to take the overnighttrain again, but this time we already left Thursday evening and came home Sunday morning. Therefore, I had to take Friday off.

This time I wasn’t too worried about the night in the train, which turned out to be a mistake, because I had the worst night ever. I was able to sleep for 2 hours, because the light was turned on during night, it was far too hot in the cabin, people were snoring and I was thursty. The next morning I felt totally miserable and I had to take a nap once we arrived in our rather nice appartment.

Lviv is comparable to Prague and Vienna many beautifully restored buildings, a nice opera, a very historic inner city (UNESCO world heritage) but a booooooooring night life. We were actually planning on going out the first night in Lviv, but all bars closed at 11 o’clock already and there seemed to be no parties going on. Such a pitty. It felt a little bit like back in Maastricht :P

On the way back to Kiev I slept quite well, although a very disgusting man slept only two meters next to me. His sweater was far too short, which is why his big hairy belly was highly visible at all times. His feet stank absolutely disgusting, and one had to pass his feet everytime one wanted to go to the toilet. Additionally, he drank too much alcohol before the train ride and I had to smell this dirty alcoholic stink the whole night. Especially when he turned his face in my direction I could feel his breath on my face. At 4 o’clock and at 6 o’clock in the morning he woke me up to ask me whether he could drink out of my bottle of water. Of course I’m too nice of a person to say now. I never touched this bottle again. Uargh!!!

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen