Freitag, 30. Oktober 2009

Swine Flu

Great! Todays news have been all about the swine flu which now also reached Ukraine. People really start to panic. I think up to 35 people died so far. Especially in the west of Ukraine. And what is Mrs Timoschenko doing? She is closing all schools for 3 weeks, she forbids(!) all events where a crowd of people could be possible including concerts and cinemas.

This practically means I can't go to the DDT concert on sunday. But I'm not sure yet. I guess I have to ask at the ticket shop tomorrow. This evening I was in the city center and a quarter of the people were running around with these medicine masks. It looked quite scary. Now I don't have any idea what to do the next couple of days.

Anyways..

Yesterday, I've been to the swimming pool. It is quite difficult to get in there, because you need a medical certificate from a doctor that you are healthy, or you won't be allowed to swim. Luckily I have some connections to a doctor here in Kiev, who wrote me one of these certificates. I was told that it is also possible to give the saleslady a little bit more money under the table and she will let you in without a certificate. That's how Ukraine works :D

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen