Sonntag, 4. Oktober 2009

Theatre, Internship and McDonalds

I forgot to tell you in my last blog entry, that I've been to the Ukrainian National Museum, which was actually quite nice and interesting. Did you know that already the ancient Greeks were settling down in the south of Ukraine? At least I didn't. And did you know that while Kiev was already quite a big city, Moscow was a little town with only 50 inhabitans?

On Wednesday I've been to the young theater in Kiev to see a Russian play with a German friend of mine. That's a really small, but beautiful theatre close to where I live. One has to buy the tickets from a man, who was standing on the stairs up to the theatre. At the beginning he told us that he didn't have any tickets left. Then, after some people passed though, he said that he still has two tickets left for 200 hrivnas (16 Euros) per person, but we had to wait some time. 2 minutes before the beginning told us that he will sell us the tickets for 40 Hrivnas (3,20 Euros) each. So this was very cheap. :) However, it did not start right away with the performance, but with 20 minutes of piano playing and afterwards a short lecture about the history of the theatre. I didn't understand most of what this guy said. First of all because he spoke Ukrainian and second of all, because I would not even have understood it in case of him speaking Russian. Then the show started. I only knew the meaning of every fourth word, but the acting was so amazing that you could understand the storyline. I've rarely seen actors acting in such a good way.

On Thursday my internship started, and it turned out to be much better than I had expected. I basically always have something to do. Write reports, find out stuff about certain companies and so on. I love it so far. I hope it stays that way. Another good thing about my internship: A McDonalds is situated very close by, so I can go there during the lunch break to have a Big Mac Menu (Big Mac, big fries, big coke) for only 25 Hrivna, which is only 2,40 Euros. It's so unbelievably cheap and it tastes the same as in Western Europe. I'm scared that I will end up going there every day and at the end look like an American.

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen