Mittwoch, 30. September 2009

Buildings, food and football

I still haven't figured out how to upload my pictures. Therefore, I'm sorry not to be able to show you some beautiful sights, yet. However, I have taken some new ones on an old, inoperative building, which was built some years ago, but has never been used. It's situated quite close to my flat and on monday my flat mates and I went there to scale it. I think it was a little bit risky, but I had to do it - peer pressure, you know. We had to find a hole in the fence surrounding the building to enter building. It was so scary, because there were no windows and no ballustrate and I don't know whether I trust the Ukrainian construction skills that much. We had to go up approximately 7 floors until we reached the top. We had an amazing view over Kiev from the roof. So it was definately worth it.

In the evening I met a nice German girl, which is currently doing an internship at a law firm in Kiev. We had dinner and I showed her around for a bit.

Yesterday the grandmother (Babuschka) of my Ukrainian flat mate visited us and made absolutely amazing Ukrainian food. A soup, which I think was called Borscht, and Palmini (something similar to Tortellini) with sour cream and meat. Then we drank tea and ate some Ukrainian sweets. She also invited us to her house on the countryside.

Later this evening my flat mates and I went to an Irish pub in the city centre to meet some friends of my flat mate and to watch the football game Barcelona against Dynamo Kiev. Although Kiev lost it was a nice game. I had to explain the rules to my American flat mate. In return he will teach me the American Football rules on Sunday.

Tonight I'll meet the German girl again to go to the theatre. I'm hoping to understand at least a little but of what they are saying.

Tomorrow my internship will start, which makes me very nervous. I'll let you know as soon as I can give you my opinion on this internship.

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen